Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Meaninglessness

I've gone about as far down this rabbit hole as I care to go. Basically what I found was meaninglessness and despair. When meaninglessness makes sense, it's time to unplug. Time to appreciate the small things in life. To take joy in friends, family, music, creativity, expression, love, coffee, going for walks, having food to eat, traveling, a good sleep, cooking, living next to the water, etc.

It is at this juncture that I draw the line between taking responsibility for those things that I can change and accepting those things that I cannot change, and also where I exercise the wisdom to recognize the difference between the two and not let those things that I cannot change draw me and those around me into a sense of meaninglessness and despair.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great insight. I need to print that paragraph and clip it onto my fridge or something. Before everybody hates me, or else hates themselves for avoiding me.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home